[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] [Fwd: Re: Quick question]

-----Message suivi-----

From: Calum Benson <calum benson sun com>
To: Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com>
Cc: Coleen Baik <coleen baik sun com>
Subject: Re: Quick question
Date: 23 Dec 2002 11:13:32 +0000

On Fri, 2002-12-20 at 20:46, Damien Sandras wrote:
> I really wonder why it has been decided to use that frameless format...
> It looks very bad IMHO and the frames were adding a logic in the
> preferences...

Cc'ing Coleen for her input, as removing frame lines from GNOME dialogs
was essentially her idea :)  Although of course the HIG team generally
agreed or it wouldn't be in there...

The basic reason is that frame lines generally add visual clutter, which
is made worse by people often using frames when they don't need to.
Blank space generally gives a cleaner and more readable appearance.

FWIW, yours is the first email I've seen actually raising some concerns
about this, which either means everyone else likes it, or they just
haven't used GNOME 2.1.x yet :)

Cheeri,
Calum.

Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com>