Re: control center plans, etc.

Hi,

On 23 Jun 2001 08:01:46 +0800, Ian McKellar wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 11:52:05AM -0400, Bradford Hovinen wrote:
> > I would also like to add a couple of capplets, the most urgent of which
> > is an ssh (and possibly pgp/gpg) key management capplet. This would
> > facilitate users running remote X applications through ssh more
> > conveniently, which is of great importance in such large installations
> > as universities.
>
> We also desperately need some kind of SSL cert managment capplet (for
> GnomeVFS - and I assume Evolution). I guess all of these could fall under a
> general "Crypto" capplet.

I would also suggest that we require a nice "Internet" capplet, along the
lines of microsoft's. The most important purpose is that of global config
settings for http or socks proxys, to remove all the app-specific
duplications.

Additionally this could be a generic web-browser config dialog, to
configure settings for nautilus or galeon or encompass. This current lack
of configuration ability makes nautilus completely unusable as a web
browser.

-Alex

--
 make: *** No rule to make target `sense'.  Stop.