Re: control center plans, etc.

On 22 Jun 2001, Gediminas Paulauskas wrote:

> On 21 Jun 2001 13:52:59 -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > So I think the huge feature I want to see is simply major UI help as
> > to which capplets exist and what they do. Sounds like rewriting all
> > the capplets though, so it's an incremental task not a
> > all-done-by-GNOME-2 kind of thing probably.
>
> Most of that work does not depend on freeze, because capplets are not
> libraries or API-having thingies. Interface tweaking can be done until
> the release of GNOME 2 and even after that.

??????

Give a bit of thought what changing UI does to documentation, will you?
There is no way any kind of UI changes can happen anytime near 2.0
release. In fact, I fail to see why UI freeze and 'beta 1' would not
happen at the same time.

No, the UI freeze date is not set yet (where is that UI co-oord again?),
but there is no way UI would not count as a freezable part that needs to
freeze way before release.

> The future of libcapplet, ximian-archiver, location management and
> GNOME/Gtk+ configuration API has to be decided shortly. Where do they go
> (thingies currently in XST), are they needed (libcapplet), what API do
> they have (if bonobo-conf is not enough).
>
> --
> Gediminas Paulauskas
> Kaunas, Lithuania

	Sander