Re: [gnome-love] gnome-control-center

Chema Celorio <chema ximian com> writes:

> We have been working on  the new control center lately, there are lots
> of small taks to help out, just letting you know in case you where
> looking for a good small task to get started.
>
> There are also two big tasks open which are to implement the new look
> for the control-center :
> http://jimmac.musichall.cz/stuff/control-center.png
> And to backport the nautilus view that Havoc has been working on in a
> branch to the HEAD branch. Nobody is currently working on this tasks.

I don't see how these two things are mutually compatible.  To be more
specific, if we are going for the nautilus view of things, the
control-center simply becomes a container for each individual capplet.
If we want it to be something else, we can do so, but we shouldn't have
a too many ways to configure things. (-:

Here's a screenshot of nautilus-as-control-center.

http://people.redhat.com/jrb/files/nautiluscc.png

Thanks,
-Jonathan

ps. Are there are copies of those icons available w/o the Ximian logo??
They're pretty cool.