Re: Loading a capplet

On 09 Aug 2001 16:52:18 -0400, mongoose magic shiman com wrote:
> Hello. When one creates a capplet, how is it loaded by gnomecc? Is there
> some central repository where gnomecc looks to find all the capplets? Do I
> have to create one of those *.desktop files that is in every capplet
> directory and place it somewhere? Thanks

gnomecc 1.5.x looks in the directory
$(prefix)/share/control-center/capplets and puts up an icon for each of
the .desktop files it encounters. The .desktop file contains the name of
the program to execute. For the capplets not using bonobo-conf, gnomecc
just forks off the program. For gnomecc <=1.4.x, the directory is
$(prefix)/share/control-center and the launching method is the same.