Re: xscreensaver capplet.

Chema Celorio wrote:

> I think we should work with the technical issues rather than deciding
> one one codebase. We just don't have the resources of redoing the gui
> based on jamie's code and he is not going to want to base the capplet in
> our code, for obvious reasons. I don't have the resources to offer
> towards fix this problem at this time.
> Code duplication is bad, but the duplication has already been done and
> we have two sort-of-working codebases. We just don't have the resources
> to move a lot of code arround. I don't have the time to discuss all the
> issues and reach agrement. This sounds like a lack of comitment on my
> part, it is not. I just REALLY don't have the time nor the hacker
> resources to do so. There are a lot of capples that need a LOT of work,
> this is just one of them.

I have already said that I am volunteering to do all the coding.
I am not asking you to do that work.

All I need from you is for you to take the time to negotiate with me
the minimum set of changes I have to make to xscreensaver-demo in order
for you to be willing to ship it instead of the other capplet.

You're busy, I'm busy, everyone is busy.  I'm volunteering to do a lot
of work to solve this problem, and I don't even get paid to work on
GNOME like you do.  The least you could do is be willing to discuss it.
I've got a completely unrelated business to run too, you know.

In another message, Chema Celorio wrote:

> Here is another proposal, let me know what you think.
> It is a two step proposal, one short term solution and
> one long term one.

Any proposal that does not have as its first step conversion to a
single code base is completely uninteresting to me.  That's not worth
spending my time on, because I don't believe it will happen, and
because it does not address my primary complaint in a timely fashion.

--
Jamie Zawinski
jwz jwz org             http://www.jwz.org/