Custom objects in Dia

I would like to add custom shapes to Dia.
I found http://cvs.gnome.org/lxr/source/dia/doc/custom-shapes, but it
doesn't (sufficiently) address how to get a custom sheet to show up.  I
made a elicustom.sheet file and a testline.shape file and put them in
~/.dia/sheets and ~/.dia/shapes respectively, but the Dia toolbox
doesn't have a tab for the new sheet.  I did restart Dia, but no change.

Any pointers on how to get Dia to recognize custom shapes would be
greatly appreciated.

TIA,

Eli
--
--------------------. "To the systems programmer, users and applications
Eli Carter          | serve only to provide a test load."