Bonobo IDLs and "I'd Like To File a Complaint!!"

Where can I get the Bonobo IDL file?  I've been reading the Gnome website
on the office project, have need of the Unknown interface.

As far as the complaint is concerned, I ask that you please excuse my lack
of knowledge.  Documentation on bonobo is non-existant, and everything
I've been able to read about it comes from the Gnome website.

My situation is as follows: I need to reference multiple components across
a network and on the local machine.  The Unknown interface is required to
determine what these components can do at run-time.  But NONE of these
components, in and of themselves, use Gnome, or are even aware of its
existance.  In fact, on many of these systems, X isn't even loaded.  About
half of the systems I'll be using run Win32 to boot.

I sure would appreciate if Bonobo's Unknown (and all other
non-Gnome-reliant interfaces) could be moved into a separate Bonobo
top-level module, instead of residing within GNOME.  Doing otherwise is,
in my opinion (no flames!), poor factorization.  In fact, it probably
would be a good idea to have a separate group of people working only on
Bonobo.

Comments?

--
KC5TJA/6, DM13, QRP-L #1447