Re: office suite news

Vibhu,

On 8 Aug 2000, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> BTW, has anyone been able to download the helix GNOME from behind a
> firewall ? The installation says to use lynx to source the installation
> script, but how do I configure lynx for a proxy-server ? any help will
> be very much appreciated.

As for lynx, there is a lynx.cfg where you can supply your proxies.
Either you can change the system default (/etc/lynx.cfg perhaps), or you
can copy the lynx.cfg to your home dir and edit it there.  You'd then need
to supply a LYNX_CFG env variable to point to your home dir version.  But
all these instructions are in the top of the lynx.cfg file.

Anyway, for proxy support, there are lines in the file by default
commented out that read: http_proxy, https_proxy, etc.  Just put your
proxy server/port on those lines, and you should be all set.

Good luck,
Steve