Re: [gnome-women] GNOME Women at the GNOME Summit Boston Oct. 8-10

On Tue, 2005-09-20 at 15:11 -0400, M��Duffy wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Just wanted to shout out that Diana and I are going to be at the GNOME
> Summit at MIT. I heard in the channel that ChipX86, spooklight, and jdub
> are going to be there too.
>
> If you're in the Boston area (or can get there easily) that weekend,
> here are some details:
>
> http://live.gnome.org/Boston2005  is the main page;
>
> http://live.gnome.org/Boston2005_2fTheSchedule current schedule of
> events;
>
> http://live.gnome.org/Boston2005_2fBreakoutSessions list of breakout
> session suggestions, if there's enough interest maybe we could hold one
> for GNOME Women?

Better suggestion - why don't one of you give a talk?  I for one would
like to hear about initiatives in-place (not just in Gnome-Women but all
other Open Source and technology groups) and the reasons for needing
such initiatives.  A brief overview of the history of woman in
technology and their contributions to Gnome (direct or indirect) and why
it is so important that we keep encouraging these contributions would be
very informative.

If anything I encourage you do the 5 minute speed talk but a full length
talk would be even better.

--
John (J5) Palmieri <johnp redhat com>