[gnome-women] IRC channel invite only

Hi,

Quick introduction:

I'm a woman, and I'm genuinely interested in being part of GNOME women,
probably as a development mentee (I'm a programmer, but not familiar
with GNOME libraries, the HIG etc). My FOSS involvement to date has
been doing some documentation development for the Twisted community. In
addition, I've been heavily involved in my local LUG at times and have a
fairly high involvement in the LinuxChix community.

So, moving on... can I join the IRC channel on GIMPnet? This morning I
got
--- Cannot join #gnome-women (Channel is invite only).
Fele free to contact me off-list with details. (And assume I can, is
there some way I can avoid having to ask to be reinvited every 24 hours?
I log off IRC at night.)

-Mary