[gnome-women] Visibility

Hi everybody :)

Sorry if I haven't responded to mails: I've had my head down trying to get the Gnome 2.12 and Debian Installer releases up to date (why on earth they're happening concurrently, except to drive translators insane, I do not know).

I've been translating the Gnome 2.12 release notes today, which included ploughing through a l-o-n-g list of people who were being thanked individually for their special contributions, things that had made so much difference, they deserved this moment of fame.

One woman. One. :(

I don't know her personally, but thankyou, Irene Ryan, for giving the rest of us hope of becoming visible.

Is this simply a sign that there are far too few women involved in Gnome, and in free software generally, or is it something else? In either case, I hope we can change this situation.

Back to the release notes...