Re: Russian GNOME support

On 6/29/06, Sergey Bezdenezhnyh <sib-mail mtu-net ru> wrote:
В Чтв, 29/06/2006 в 11:14 +0200, Christian Rose пишет:
> On 6/14/06, Sergey Bezdenezhnyh <sib-mail mtu-net ru> wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > There is another one localized GNOME support, now in Russian.
> > We available at www.gnome.org.ru and #gnome-ru. Can you mention about it
> > on http://www.gnome.org/contact/
> >
> > Best Regards, Sergey
>
> Who's repsonsible for the www.gnome.ru web site, by the way? I'm
> asking because instead of adding yet another Russian GNOME web site,
> which may not solve the problem of people being confused by the old
> unmaintained web site owned by someone else, we perhaps should try to
> put some more efforts info convincing the existing site owner to do
> something about the site.
>

> Christian

Our command tried to contact with gnome.ru site creator for several
times, but he did not answer at all. From time to time he paid for
hosting and domain name but did not update his site. That is why some
years ago Russian GNOME translators created their own site. In time the
number of people interested in GNOME in Russia increased and we decided
not only to translate GNOME but also to support users. Today our site is
divided into 3 parts: for translator, for developers and special for
users. Beside we invite users to chat on #gnome-ru and from time to time
we organize Russian GNOME Love Day
(http://gnome.org.ru/wacko/LoveDay20060625) for new users.
However, there is no link to Russian resources in the official GNOME
site at all. We would be grateful to you if you add it.

(Please keep the list cc:ed)

The foundation should probably have some policy for situations like
this with local sites; they're unfortunately not uncommon. But I don't
know how to solve these situations at the moment.

That being said, I have added the info above to
http://www.gnome.org/contact/ now.

Christian