Re: III Fórum GNOME on w.g.o front page

Lucas Rocha wrote:
Hi all,

As you probably know, this year the III Fórum GNOME will take place at
Porto Alegre/RS on April 19-22. I'm planning to add a banner to w.g.o
front page.

I prepared this banner:

http://www.gnome.org/~lucasr/files/fg3-banner.png

I plan to upload it 10 days before the event. I'm not a designer so
I'm accepting suggestions.
You may have noticed that the front page already displays information about this event, so I'm not sure whether repeating the same information is entirely useful. Secondly your banner is the wrong dimensions - the latest banners are slightly wider.

Personally, I want to try and avoid this sort of banner promoting what is essentially a developers/techie event. The banners should be about promoting GNOME and explaining what the project is, and the 'events' or 'news' columns can be used to promote other activities.

-Thomas