Re: live.gnome.org: making login obvious

On Fri, 2005-11-25 at 10:44 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
> There a bunch of problems with the wiki at live.gnome.org, but probably
> the biggest one ist that new users don't see how to login so they can edit
> changes. Most of them just go away.
>
> The problem is that the login/register site is available from a tiny bit
> of text called "UserPrefences". Could someone change this to "Login"?
>
> When you are logged in, your user preferences are then available via, for
> instance, "MurrayCumming", but that's another problem.

Done.

I choose the quick gross hack over the slow elegant solution.  MoinMoin
is i18n ready, but it does not have an English translation.  I overrode
the username def in gnomey.py to force the link text to be Login when
the user_name is 'UserPreferences'.  This approach avoids altering the
site-package so we can upgrade without any additional trouble.

sinzui is verizon net
Guilty of stealing everything I am.