Re: Drupal for 2006.guadec.org

<quote who="Quim Gil">

> GNOME webhackers, here comes a question from the GUADEC organisation: what
> about using Drupal CMS - http://drupal.org - to manage
> http://2006.guadec.org ?

So I've been looking heavily at Drupal in recent times, having built The
Fridge and toyed with simple tests of the GNOME site and content under
Drupal management. It's definitely appropriate for The Fridge, as it can
handle that style of site and all the media flexibility we were looking
for. I'm not 100% convinced it's right for wgo, but with further play, I
might be.

For the GUADEC sites though, it will work very nicely. However, I'd caution
any urge to leap on it for 2006.guadec.org without thinking about how we can
use it for all of the (future) guadec.org sites. They have so much in common
that it just doesn't make sense to bootstrap a new Drupal db every year.

So, yes, I'd support using Drupal for the GUADEC 2006 website, but I'd
really like to see some thought / ideas for how to adopt Drupal to enhance
our full GUADEC web presence, now and into the future. (It may just be a
matter of running a single Drupal instance, and redirecting or rewriting
YEAR.guadec.org into the appropriate Drupal section - but there is more than
one way to skin a cat.)

Thanks,

linux.conf.au 2006: Dunedin, New Zealand               http://linux.conf.au/

  "Anyway - I need something more James Bond than Banana Man, if you know
                       what I mean..." - Tom Gilbert