Re: Performance Testing the Web Site

<quote who="laprug lahnuh">

> I'm curious to know if the web site tested for the following
>
> 1.  Overall Performance
> 2.  PLT (Page Load times) -- latency etc.
> 3.  Server performance
> 4.  Scalabilty
>
> If so, is there any documentation that I could look at, to see results,
> etc.  I'm just curious to understand what the gnome web site does in this
> realm.  Thanks!

Nothing formal, but we've tried to keep real page sizes (including images
and css) down. The server is on a very fast link, and takes a slashdotting
fairly well (the site is mostly static, which helps).

GUADEC 2005: May 29th-31st                           http://2005.guadec.org/

  "Everything I knew about TCP/IP I had downloaded the same day I started
                     hacking the net code." - Alan Cox