Re: Down Down Download

lör 2005-07-23 klockan 11:32 +0100 skrev Georg Jordt:
> >> lör 2005-07-23 klockan 00:21 +0100 skrev Georg Jordt:
> >> Errm..; where you aware that the download of gnome 2.10 is not
> >> operational?
> >>
> >> Just wanted to let you know.
> >>
> >> George
> >
> > Which download? Which link is failing? We'd be thankful for some more
> > specific information about the problem.
> >

> > Thanks,
> > Christian
>
> Hi Christian,
>
> on http://www.gnome.org/start/2.10/ are two links named "Download", one at
> the top of the page and one to the right (both in navigation menus). Both
> point to http://www.gnome.org/start/stable/. As the links suggest, one would
> either expect to be transferred to another page containing a choice of
> download mirrors or THE download to initiate (well, unlikely). What actually
> happens is (according to what is displayed in the Firefox status bar)
> "Connecting to www.gnome.org", "Waiting for www.gnome.org", "Done". Just for
> curiosity, IE  additionally shows http://www.gnome.org/img/spacer... in the
> status bar befor "Done". Hmm.
>
> Hope that gives you some clues as to what is happening, or, rather what not
> ;-).
>
> Regards
>
> George

Ok. Further down on that same page you'll find information about various
ways to download GNOME and links to different mirrors. Those links all
seem to be working.

However, there is a problem, as you so kindly described: The above
referenced download page has at least two different links pointing back
to the same page again, which is rather confusing. There is both a
possible lack of feedback that a visitor has actually come to the
download page, and the links pointing to the download page shouldn't be
there on that page, or they should at least not be links, so that a
visitor won't accidentally go round in circles.

But I suspect that's a problem for our web people. I'm cc:ing this to
gnome-web-list gnome org

Many thanks for your report,
Christian