Website repository and SVN

Some of the websites (mail.gnome.org for example) are currently in a
separate cvs repository from the main gnome cvs. I think this is a good
idea, and we should move all the websites into a 'website' repository.
This would help keep non-application stuff out of the main gnome
repository, and also help people to locate and contribute to the websites.

If it is agreed this is a good move, I'd also like to suggest we migrate
the website repository to SVN. Partly as a testing ground before the main
GNOME repository is migrated, but mostly because SVN is much better than
CVS in many ways. Since websites often need restructuring, this job
becomes very tedious with CVS as you cannot easily move and rename files.
Directories in CVS are a problem in themselves since once added, they can
never fully be removed.

If no one has any objections to this, I'd like to suggest that we go ahead
with these two operations in the next few weeks. Ross Golder is happy to
help out here, but would like some sort of approval before he goes ahead.
Personally, I am very keen to see art-web moved to SVN, and I hope no one
will have any objections to moving the other website modules as well.

-Thomas