Re: Apache log files

On Sun, 2004-09-26 at 14:02 -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-09-26 at 14:30 +0100, Thomas Wood wrote:
> > I noticed that the access log file for art.gnome.org has grown to over
> > 13GB, which seems rather a waste of resources on window.gnome.org.
> > Although the main apache log file seems to be rotated, it looks like
> > the other sites on gnome.org which have their own separate log files do
> > not have log rotate. Perhaps it would be a good idea to have log rotate
> > running on each of these files to keep the size of the logs down.
>
> /etc/logrotate.d/httpd-gnome is supposed to do that. Can someone debug?

OK, I'm game.  :-)

Looks like that logrotate script tries to rotate all files ending in
log.  However, none of the conf files in sites.d write out filenames
ending in log, instead they write out to "access" and "error".  I think
the best solution here is to edit all of those files to make them write
out "access_log" and "error_log" as the master config does.

Any objections to making this change?
	Greg

--
Gregory Leblanc <gleblanc linuxweasel com>