Re: Perms on window:/var/log/httpd

On 17/09/04 01:52, Ross Golder wrote:

It seems something is resetting the perms on /var/log/httpd to root-
only. I couldn't find anything in the logwatch config or any of the cron
jobs that would do it, so I added the following to root's crontab for
now:

# Until someone can point out what keeps changing the perms
on /var/log/httpd
# back to root root rwx------, keep it updated regularly.
0 * * * * (cd /var/log; chgrp gnomeweb httpd; chmod 750 httpd)

If anyone knows why this is happening (/happened), or notices the perms
reset to root:root again, please drop us an e-mail stating the time you
noticed it so we might be able to identify what it is that keeps
resetting it :)
Is it possible that the permissions got reset when upgrading the httpd package? (possibly installing an errata package).

James.

--
Email: james jamesh id au
WWW:   http://www.jamesh.id.au/