Solving not whining [Was: The Free Linux Desktop ?]

<quote who="Mark McLoughlin">

> This is what I was trying to avoid and I thought preventing said flamewar
> would be doing you guys a favour.

Seems you did more to start one than avoid one. :-) But, none of this has
addressed the problem at hand. What we need to address is our position in
the Google results for "linux desktop" - this will take a combination of:

  * A good title, such as "The GNOME Project - Your UNIX and Linux Desktop"
    (suggestions welcome) and meta description (on reflection, our standard
    blurb needs a refresh, but not in a technical direction!)

  * A concerted effort to link GNOME well (ie. using good text, context,
    etc... bloggers, get working!) and have it linked well from other
    publications/pages

   "Consensus is whatever the developers remember or agree with." - Paul
                            Vixie, Open Sources