Re: Missing "Art & Themes" link in gnome.org home

On Thu, 2004-08-19 at 22:41 +0100, Thomas Wood wrote:
> This was a point I was going to raise on the gnome-web-mailing list, and
> so I have CC'd this reply to the list.
>
> I agree that it would be nice if all the *.gnome.org used the same links
> in the header. Does anyone have any suggestions for a standard list of
> links? Perhaps a list of links to all the sub-domains of gnome.org would
> be suitable. This would possibly mean www, developer, art, foundation,
> planet, mail and any others I've forgotten.

I'd like to do this--one set of top level links for all sites.  I don't
think the matter is as simple as list popular hosts.  I think we need to
review who our users are, and what their needs are.  Do users care about
our domains?  Do they consider art + themes + downloads the same thing?
Are their expectations met when they go to a domain?

I'm going to begin an effort to organize our use cases.  I aim to get a
good definition of what the gnome site should do for users, and who
those users are.

sinzui cox net
Guilty of stealing everything I am.