RE: WGO Old Content Flagged and Validated

On Wed, 2004-08-11 at 15:57, Curtis Hovey wrote:
> Thanks for the patch.  We have discussed marking the status of our
> documents before.  Do you have an example of how you envision using
> this?  A screen shot?

It was linked in the first email:
http://www.dakota.net.nz/jack/gnome/warning.html

> I would like to see documents labeled current, deprecated, or
> historical.  I think we need to revise all the content to do that.  I
> image your idea is to amend the page with a header indicating the
> content is not current.

Yes that was my idea.  I can see the value in the categorised
labelling.  If you were implementing it like I have you might use a
different color for depreciated or historical content.  Either way I
think it is important to explain the reason for the depreciation and
provide a means for the user to get to more up to date information.
This was what I tried to achieve in the demo above.

I'm guessing your idea is to go through all the content and mark it
current, depreciated or historical and then mark it up with something
similar to the above?

--
Jack