gnomesupport.org's visibility

Hi all,

Could gnomesupport.org's wiki get a bit more visibility from w.g.o?

A link to it in the “What is GNOME?” box would do, I guess. Also,
uniformising a bit the links under the header of various GNOME sites
might work: you can get to gs.o from w.gd.o's, for example.

The wiki could be a useful way to put all sorts of small details that
hit users (and those who are not really end users: people that want to
build from source and such oddities) There are various pages which have
interesting/useful information, a few FAQs, &c. Of course, and as one
can easily check, a significant part of that is dated or, in cases,
wrong, but... well, it's a wiki.

It needs lots of editing and much more content, but all sites do. I plan
to do some of this. For one thing, I have decided to have people whose
problems I solve on irc go and add a Q&A somewhere—I'll tell them where,
I guess, to minimise chaos; in each case I've tested this, the
involuntary volunteers seemed in fact to love it: they reasonably see it
as “helping the community”.

The biggest problem, though, is that no one really knows about the
site's existence. Linking from such a high profile page as w.g.o to the
rather unpolished gs.o is suboptimal, but giving gs.o visibility might
in fact raise the chances of it getting better. So it might be amortized
with time.

Discuss amongst yourselves now.

-- m

--
Mariano Suárez-Alvarez <mariano gnome org>