Web use cases and resources.

In my efforts to create the Contact page, I found a lot of information
that was valuable, but did not belong on a page directed towards members
(and contributors).  I want use this extra contact information, but I
need to understand the intent of the gnome Web sites before I can
start.  I've put together four basic sets of use cases, and four sets of
resources that I know of to address the use cases.  I would appreciate
some input to nail down the purpose of the gnome Web sites.

USE CASES (Member)
Locate organizational information.
Locate the by-laws and related documentation.
Locate the list of members.
Locate and contact the foundation representatives.
Locate and participate in organization elections.
Locate foundation IRCs and chat.
Locate foundation lists, read archives, and subscribe.
Locate and publish press releases(including speackingabout).
Locate the other contributors (commsuport).
Locate and update a calendar of events.
Locate and publish case studies
Locate and publish presentations
Locate GNOME news.

USE CASES (Contributor)
Locate organizational information.
Locate the by-laws and related documentation.
Locate and contact the foundation representatives.
Locate the about and i18n GNOME pages.
Locate press releases.
Locate press kit.
Locate the other contributors (commsuport).
Locate the friends pages to make donations.
Locate a calendar of events.
Locate case studies.
Locate presentations.
Locate GNOME news.

USE CASES (Developer)
Locate helping section to explore options.
Locate dotplan to learn GNOME's status.
Locate architecture to learn the GNOME implementation.
Locate documentation about the processes, APIs, and code.
Locate the tools need to make participate.
Locate mail.gnome.org, review the archives, subscribe to lists.
Locate irc.gnome.org and chat.
Locate GNOME projects and join them.
Locate GNOME software.
Locate downloads and get them.
Locate and use cvs.gnome.org
Locate and use bugzilla.gnome.org
Locate and get a gnome account.
Locate presentations.
Locate links to external resources.
Locate developerinterviews.
Locate a FAQ to answer a question.
Locate GNOME news.

USE CASES (User)
Locate the about and i18n pages
Locate the start page.
Locate GNOME distributions.
Locate software.
Locate downloads and get them.
Locate help documentation.
Locate localized GNOME sites.
Locate mail.gnome.org, read the archives, and subscribe to a list.
Locate irc.gnome.org and chat.
Locate and use bugzilla.
Locate GNOME news.
Locate art.gnome.org and download.

RESOURCES (visible)
www.gnome.org/ (directory of all gnome)
www.gnome.org/about
www.gnome.org/i18n
www.gnome.org/start
www.gnome.org/press
www.gnome.org/friends
www.gnome.org/contact
www.gnome.org/software (applist)
www.gnome.org/account
foundation.gnome.org/organization.html
foundation.gnome.org/documentation.html
foundation.gnome.org/membership.html
foundation.gnome.org/elections
foundation.gnome.org/directory.html
developer.gnome.org/helping
developer.gnome.org/dotplan
developer.gnome.org/arch
developer.gnome.org/doc
developer.gnome.org/tools
developer.gnome.org/links
ftp.gnome.org (download)
irc.gnome.org
mail.gnome.org
bugzilla.gnome.org
cvs.gnome.org/lxr
cvs.gnome.org/bonsai
art.gnome.org
news.gnome.org

RESOURCES (hidden)
www.gnome.org/resources
www.gnome.org/projects
www.gnome.org/speackingabout.html
www.gnome.org/commsuport.html
www.gnome.org/developerinterviews

RESOURCES (hidden/off site/missing)
summits/conferences

RESOURCES (missing)
case studies
presentations
help
faqs
distributions

SUMMARY
The GNOME Web sites could be better organized to allow members,
contributors, developers, and users interact better.  Most use cases are
met by the existing resources.  User's are missing a few resources.  The
w.g.o home page should act as a directory to help people locate where
they need to go.  There isn't a site map of the gnome resources, or
search, to help the any person accomplish their task when the navigation
fails.

Users may get confused on w.g.o because many of the resources are
directed towards members or contributors.  Contributors are under served
and may find it difficult to locate where they must go to accomplish
their task.  The foundation pages really must be incorporated within the
gnome style so the user is not disorientated.

sinzui cox net
Guilty of stealing everything I am.