Re: Epiphany web page questions

<quote who="Stefan Rotsch">

> I'm on rewriting the epiphany (= gnome web browser) web page and have two
> questions:
>
> 1. Is it o.k. to use the new gnome design for project pages like the
> epiphany one or should projects use an own design? The official design
> would give us a "corporate identity" with gnome and makes visually clear
> epiphany is a part of the project, so it would be great if we are allowed
> to use it.

Of course, please do! But please also tune in to this list, because there
will be template changes coming up. There's been lots of feedback, and I'm
keen to integrate some changes, and fix up some of my own annoyances with
the design and implementation.

You're totally welcome to use it, we're very flattered. :-)

> 2. Is it possible to get a project page like
> http://www.gnome.org/projects/webbrowser or
> http://www.gnome.org/projects/epiphany for epiphany? Our site is hosted
> by mozdev.org at the moment, but epiphany is more a gnome- than a
> mozilla-related project.

One of the underlying plans for the site, once we start actually futzing
with the structure (it's pretty clean now that we've moved out some of the
really old crap), is to have project pages very much like apple.com. A good
example is the Safari page: http://www.apple.com/safari/ It gives a feature
run down of the product, links to more info, etc., etc. I would like to do
this for every major GNOME 'product', such as the Desktop, Gnumeric, and
other big chunks -> Epiphany is definitely one of these.

So yes, definitely keen to get this going, you might want to keep in touch
so we can get the content/concept stuff right.

Apologies for not having all of the documentation up there so far, just
haven't had time. 8)

Thanks heaps!

                          Money can't buy me grok.