The GNOME website

Hi team,
We REALLY need to get moving on the GNOME website, there are so many
things missing now that it is not funny. As posters on gnomedesktop
pointed out, the fact that the fifth toe site is hosted away from
gnome.org says it all.

The fact that I have still not been able to find someone who can get the
gnome-multimedia mailarchive link added to the archives list is another
example of the shape we are in.

I have long wanted to create project pages for librsvg and
gnome-multimedia, but have held of waiting for jdub's new design.

Jeff, what is the current status of the new templates? I think unless it
is actually imminent now we need to look for another way to move
forward.

A new site design is also only half the issue in my view. We need a
wider group of people with access to the webservers, sql servers etc.,
so that getting things done do not get bottlenecked.

There should also be a webpage on gnome.org listing people/mail aliases
for who has access to/reponsibility for what.

Our website is the intial introduction to GNOME for many and the state
of the current introduction isn't good.

Christian

--
Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller <Uraeus linuxrising org>