GNOME Splash Image Suggestion

http://www.viralata.net/gnome/top_page_mockup_v9.html makes use of a splash image.

Now, the advantage is that that sort of thing is timely. The disadvantage is that you have to change it on a regular basis.

We can automate this with monthly switches though, and do something seasonal/date appropriate like Google does. All we need are 12 images and appropriate links, which we can switch out whenever there's a big announcement, like, say, a release. I'm having a little trouble coming up with one for every month but I'm sure we can manage. There's always "GNOME: The best desktop environment" or "Featured product: The Gimp graphics tool" or "Featured product: OpenOffice" or "Developers: Try the new Gtk#/Mono!"

January: New Year's Resolution
February: Join GNOME Love
March: GNOME 2.6 Release I think)
April:
May:
June:
July:
August:
September: Take GNOME to school with you
October: October GNOME, or GNOME scares Microsoft, or GNOME is scary good, or some Halloween-themed hoo-ha.
November
December: Charitable donations to the GNOME Foundation are an excellent tax-deductible gift

What do you all think?