Re: Look and Feel Page

I also noticed the Ximian-like nature of the logo, and believe me it was
just coincidence! I've posted a revised mockup on the page incorporating
more of the feel in the GIMP splash screen Steve Hall referenced. The
design is a little darker. I think, though, that the circle shape is
ideal for holding that corner together. I am tinkering with a "branch"
of the mockup which does away with the circle, so we'll see whether I
can make something of it.

I'm also trying to hold back on the Aqua-esque look, although I think
that the logo's use of it is pretty tasteful. I would like to kind of
have a distinctive flavor for the site rather than borrow. So when
people come to gnome.org it's gnome.org and not just another site.

Thanks for the feedback so far everyone- it's a great help! Keep it
coming! Opinions count too so don't be afraid to speak your mind.

--
Dave Lyon
www.mahonri.com