Re: Updated Software Map test site

On Mon, 2001-10-01 at 15:23, Paul Cooper wrote:
> A couple of things from Joakims original design doc - these are nice
> frills IMHO so not needed asap - how feasible are

These sound kinda neato and would be easy to implement. We could add
'Windows Equivalent and 'File Type' browse option. This would be helpful
if we are trying to help people move over from Window.

On the other hand my gut reaction is that at least the file type stuff
is probably not needed. We already have a MP3 category under the Topic
browsing. I think more people remember things by application name rather
than file extension. Please convince me otherwise if you disagree.

--

Steve Fox
http://k-lug.org