Re: Anyone out there?

On 30 Jul 2001 19:38:35 -0500, Joakim Ziegler wrote:

> It would be great if you could look into heading it up. I'm basically
> extremely short on time these days, and sadly, the GNOME website loses
> out in my priorities.

Well I hope you're doing fun stuff. I'm more than glad to help out.

> There are a couple of things that need doing: Take the layout mockups I
> made, and turn them into a design. I've done work on this, I can tar
> that up and make it available. It's not completely polished yet, but
> I've basically done two mockups, one for table layout and one for CSS
> layout.

Excellent. Let me know when this is available.

> When that's turned into HTML, that in turn needs to become PHP
> templates. And when that's done, it should be put in a new module in
> CVS, and content should be migrated.

I do not have CVS access yet. I will send you my crypt in another
private email.

> About the trove system, I don't have a specific opinion. Is Trove in
> PHP? If so, it'll be easy to integrate, if it's something else, it's a
> bit more work, I suppose.

SourceForge's implementation of Trove is in PHP. It should be fairly
easy to add to the current site. However, tying Gnotices in with Trove
may take a little extra work. I'd still like to ditch the current setup
and go with something else (perhaps something without comments...IMHO
opinions and bug reports belong on gnome-list rather than lost in a
weblog. It would also kill the troll problem.).

> But it would be fine with me to get the software map replaced. It
> basically sucks a lot right now. Ideally, we should look at getting the
> old content migrated, though.

Definitely. I will hack up a script of something if I can get a database
dump.

--

Steve Fox
http://k-lug.org