Re: Anyone out there?

On 30 Jul 2001 23:10:11 -0400, Steve Fox wrote:
> On 30 Jul 2001 19:38:35 -0500, Joakim Ziegler wrote:

>> There are a couple of things that need doing: Take the layout mockups I
>> made, and turn them into a design. I've done work on this, I can tar
>> that up and make it available. It's not completely polished yet, but
>> I've basically done two mockups, one for table layout and one for CSS
>> layout.

> Excellent. Let me know when this is available.

I'll most likely get around to tarring this up tonight.

>> When that's turned into HTML, that in turn needs to become PHP
>> templates. And when that's done, it should be put in a new module in
>> CVS, and content should be migrated.

> I do not have CVS access yet. I will send you my crypt in another
> private email.

Ok, please send this to cvsmaster gnome org and root gnome org instead,
to get access both to the GNOME web server, and to GNOME CVS. This will
take a little time to get, in my experience, so even though you might
not need it quite yet, it's a good idea to send the mails now.

>> About the trove system, I don't have a specific opinion. Is Trove in
>> PHP? If so, it'll be easy to integrate, if it's something else, it's a
>> bit more work, I suppose.

> SourceForge's implementation of Trove is in PHP. It should be fairly
> easy to add to the current site. However, tying Gnotices in with Trove
> may take a little extra work. I'd still like to ditch the current setup
> and go with something else (perhaps something without comments...IMHO
> opinions and bug reports belong on gnome-list rather than lost in a
> weblog. It would also kill the troll problem.).

Focus on Trove for the software map for now. A decision needs to be made
on Gnotices' future, but that relies on a lot more people than just us.

>> But it would be fine with me to get the software map replaced. It
>> basically sucks a lot right now. Ideally, we should look at getting the
>> old content migrated, though.

> Definitely. I will hack up a script of something if I can get a database
> dump.

You can dump this yourself as soon as you get the accounts needed.

--
   Joakim Ziegler - Ximian Web Monkey - joakim ximian com - Radagast IRC
 FIX sysop - Free Software Coder - Writer - FIDEL & Conglomerate