Re: The state of our web site and standards

On Sat, Mar 31, 2001 at 01:11:17PM +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> It's been a long-time goal of the people on g-w-l to make sure the next
> iteration of the website is standards-compliant. There has even been the
> suggestion of having multiple templates for CSS-layout and table-layout,
> specifically to allow "standards-compliant" to jibe well with "doesn't look
> like crap".

  Fantastic !
In the mean time could we at least get the main page cleaned up ?

> "Policy" is a fairly strange word for a Free Software project, but if
> nothing else, we have agreed on this as one of our main goals in past
> threads on the list.

  well, you need policies to make decisions, that's the sense I used it
for, i.e. evaluate compliance as part of the design process.

> Does gnome-web-list need a mission statement? I hope not. ;)

  A good mission statement is a good thing, a crappy one is well crap ...
If you see a good way to define your work, why not state it ;-)

Daniel