Re: Taking a step back for a moment......

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joakim Ziegler" <joakim helixcode com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 22, 2000 4:04 AM

> Knowing when people "join the GNOME project" is hard, beyond the idea
outline
> above, because of the informal structure of the project. People usually
start
> out submitting some patches, and then become more and more involved.
There's
> no clear point where they cross over into being a part of the project as
such.

To expand your point, I would even say that most folks "join the GNOME
project" as a user first, THEN as a developer who submits patches, if ever.
Just want to make sure we don't forget that the front end should downplay
the technical side of GNOME in favor of an excellent general introduction to
the project with philosophy, screenshots and newbie documentation. I see
developer.gnome.org as the jumping off point for contributions, software
component maps and the like.