Re: initial structure ideas

> On Tue, 21 Nov 2000, Shawn T Amundson wrote:
>
> > > I think that everything on this list should be integrated with the GNOME content.
> > > As you suggest, if we do this, the anti-gnome sentiment will probably die down
> > > if people are introduced to both development environments at once.  You are
> > > definitely correct to want to make good use of www.gtk.org, as I am sure that
> > > a lot of people go to that when they want information on GTK+.  So, in summary,
> > > basically what we should do it have it as an alternate starting point to the
> > > gtk/gnome developer documentation, the software map, and then you can maintain
> > > the ftp server separately, as you wanted to.  How does this idea sound to you?
> > >

> > Yes, this sounds like a good path.  What I'd like to do is keep
> > things like the GTK+ reference materials under the gtk.org url,
> > and the gnome stuff can jump to developer.gnome.org.  But the
> > two will be highly integrated.  One site, two entry points.  I
> > like it.
>
> I may simply be misunderstanding you, but a singular collection of
> information with two entry points sounds like a usability red flag to me.
>
> Matt

How so?  I think you are misunderstanding the issue.  People are going to go to
gtk.org.  It is a natural URL for GTK+.  So we will have it, and let GTK+
programmers get at the GTK+ information they need.  In the process, we will
show them the full GNOME development platform.  Basically, if you are a GTK+
programmer, why would you go to gnome.org?

    --Ryan