Me and format & content separation

Hi gnomers,

My name is Zakaria, and I work as a programmer.
I've create some site. The best is http://pemula.linux.or.id an Indonesian
Linux Newbie site. I've some profiency with PHP, Perl and Java. Lately I'm
trying to put Python in my list. For database side I know Oracle and
Postgres but I'm trying to digest MySQL manual.

I think everyone agree that we must separate the content and the format.
So far the best way I know to do it is MetaHTML
http://www.acc.umu.se/~r2d2/files/Python/metahtmllib

Here some quote from the web site:
<quote>
The idea of the MetaHTML approach is to specify the document content in
a HTML-like language. By HTML-like I mean that the language contains tags
tags not necessarily are the same as in standard HTML. I call this a MetaHTML
document since it contains tags on a higher level which will be converted
to HTML (or some other language).

The style documents consists of a set of rules for converting the
meta-document to HTML (or some other language).
</quote>

Read the rest at
http://www.acc.umu.se/~r2d2/files/Python/metahtmllib/article.html <http://www.acc.umu.se/~r2d2/files/Python/metahtmllib/article.html>

The article also mentions some example of its use like trivial text
transformation, TOC & index, internationalization etc.

Basicaly its a python modules to parse SGML but the interface is simplified
to enable direct mapping from tag (and its content) to the output.

So what do you guys think?

--
Zakaria
This letter is brought to you by the letter N and the number 6