Thoughts

 From reading through this mailing list i think figured a few things
about the Gnome websites

Where they are at now
   - Lots of content
   - Replicated work
   - Hard to keep up todate
   - Good areas (Owen talked about developer.gnome.org)
   - no consitent navigation or look

Major concerns
   - Things not getting easier to keep up to date
   - High learning curve to none cvs based updates
   - Loss of the Good things the gnome sites have now
   - Browser imcompatibilties
   - Heavy webpages (to many graphics)
   - i18n, translation

I think a major goal of this project should be to abtract layout from
content.  Much on the content on the gnome site is written or mainted by
developers or others who have better things to do with there time then
mess with html.  Whatever technologies we use, the people updating the
content shouldn't even have to see the code for the navigation, headers,
footers etc.

Another point thats good to remember is that every tool has its
purpose.  I like databases as much as the next php developer, but they
are best used for data that either changes frequently, or for data that
needs to be sorted or searched.

Hopefully this makes some sense, i probably shouldn't try to think iin
the middle of the night.
-joshua eichorn

btw, does anyone know how to get a spell checker like the one in ns6, in a mozilla nightly

Also, I would like to appologize to whoever the moderator is i keep sending stuff with the wrong mail server, i need to switch the default.