Re: SMB browsing

On Tue, 2006-02-14 at 02:39 -0500, Danny Brow wrote:
> Still nothing on this? It's been a long time since I posted my problem.
> I can't browse via Places->Network Servers->Windows Networks. I can
> enter smb://IP in the Location bar and get to a server.

Please try the patch I just posted to the list.

If you are on a network with various broadcast subnets, please be aware
that propagating the browse list across subnets may take up to around 13
minutes.  This is what makes browsing appear to be flaky.  You may want
to set up a WINS server so that all the machines can find each other
easily instead of just using broadcast queries.

  Federico