Re: xfer options

On Mon, 2006-08-14 at 04:18 +0200, Marko Anastasov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> If I haven't overlooked some values in the GnomeVFSXferOptions enum
> (not all are documented ATM), it is not possible to tell the
> gnome_vfs_xfer_* functions to create a missing directory structure in
> the target path, for example:
>
> if source path is /home/marko/path_to/file,
> target /tmp/path_to/file,
>
> and if in /tmp the directory 'path_to' doesn't exist, it would be useful
> in my opinion to have something like
> GNOME_VFS_XFER_CREATE_MISSING_DIRECTORIES which will result in all
> necessary directories to be created before copying. Maybe it's just me
> though. Has this been discussed/thought of before?

I don't really like extending the already sprawling xfer api with more
flags. In this specific instance, all you need to do is to create the
target folder path before starting the xfer, so I don't think its a very
important addition. (I.E. it doesn't change behaviour during the actual
copy.)

He's a scrappy hunchbacked cop from the 'hood. She's a cold-hearted
streetsmart bounty hunter who inherited a spooky stately manor from her late
maiden aunt. They fight crime!