Re: username/password in URI

On 4/28/06, Philippe Normand <philippe fluendo com> wrote:
I agree with you. But the fact is i'm writting a python application to
browse SMB shares using gnomevfs package. When i try to open a password
protected location i get a AccessDeniedError and that's all. I found no
way to supply auth credentials.

You need gnome.init() and gnome.ui.authentication_manager_init(). That
should be all you have to do to make the dialogs start popping up to
ask for passwords when needed.

--
Travis Watkins
http://www.realistanew.com