Re: Undefined symbols during compilation on Mac OS X

Then I guess I can't expect an answer.

Here's an interim fix in the CVS version for OpenSSL users:

1. Move to the imported/neon/ directory.
2. Create a new C file and call it "ne_liteopenssl.c".
3. Include the following headers in it: <config.h>, "ne_ssl.h", "ne_private.h", "ne_privssl.h", <openssl/ssl.h> and <openssl/x509v3.h>. 4. From ne_openssl.c, copy over the struct definitions "ne_ssl_dname_s" and "ne_ssl_certificate_s" as well as the function "ne_ssl_context_trustcert". 5. Modify Makefile.am, adding ne_liteopenssl.c right after ne_compress.c and ne_xmlreq.c right after ne_xml.c in the NEON_*_SOURCES definitions. 6. Call: cd ../.. && ./autogen.sh --disable-ipv6 <add other configure flags here> && make

Now, the build will screw up during the building of the gnome-vfs-daemon, since somebody's linking against a static library that already contains some of the object files that are simultaneously being linked separately. However, this happens after the success of linking libgnomevfs-2.0.dylib, so you can then "sudo make install" and the library, including the headers, will be installed.

The last thing you need to do (manually) is to copy over gnome-vfs-2.0.pc to ${prefix}/lib/pkgconfig. Then you have it, more or less, installed.

Hope this helps slightly,
~~ Ondra Hosek

P.S. Is any of the gnome-vfs developers actually subscribed to this list? Huh?

Glenn R. Martin wrote:
To be honest ive posted about this issue... 2 days after GNOME-VFS 2.14 came out, got no response... As soon as i get the Libs im working on universalized ill be dealing with this problems as well...

If youd like i can keep you all informed.

Glenn Martin
Project Manager
Molten Visuals
grmartin moltenvisuals com