What to return in async transfer callbacks?

Hi,

I am using gnome-vfs to transfer files asynchronously. At least with the async transfer function, you can connect two callback functions, one which is polled with progress update and one which is called whenever user interaction is required (or an error occured).

The latter (I think the slot is called on_progress_sync), returns a guint. But which values do I have to return when I handle a query in this callback? Let's say I'm trying to overwrite a file which is already present. Then this function is called. Okay, I handle the error and then what? I have no idea how the return value is supposed to look like. I tried to return OK on several occasions, which immediately aborted the transfer (again, no idea why).

Weird enough, my code even compiles when I don't return anything! (at this point I have to mention that I am using the C++ bindings to gnome-vfs, so this may not be true for C code). I don't even get a warning.

Same questions apply to that other callback. Help/hints much appreciated.

Regards,
Matthias

PS: Is it save to post to this list using my primary email address? Just want to be sure so I don't get farmed. I am posting through gmane's usenet interface. Don't send replies ot this address please, see footer for my actual address.

--
Matthias Kaeppler           |  Tel: +49 631 3405805
Gerhart-Hauptmann-Str. 16a  |  Mob: +49 176 20108693