X Terminal and local volume access

I thought about making local volumes available in the Nautilus computer: view.

I have a plan on how to do this and I would be really thankful if you could comment on this.

On the terminal client:
1. do some udev/hal magic to forward cdrom events to the terminal server
2. accept ssh connections for invoking of (u)mount commands and network filesystem mounting (using shfs on the server)

On the terminal server:
1. get the gnome vfs to return custom volumes and drives list (based on what the thin client advertises rather than the contents of the the server's fstab) 2. implement custom mount commands which would forward the requests to the thin clients

I've looked at the gnome-vfs code but still would like to hear your opinion to be sure it would be done optimally.

If this could be done in a GoodWay(TM) it could be merged into official gnome-vfs for the benefit of the whole Linux terminal server community but I could maintain a set of my own patches.

--
Regards,
Jakub Piotr Cłapa