username/password with slash

Hi.

I ran into some trouble using mail-notification (it strangely
refused one of my accounts while accepting the others) and
eventually found out the problem was in the password: it
contained slash. (Actually, that is just my guess: I managed to
tace down the same problem in another mailchecker -- and then
looked at mail-notification blame, which was "... error: unable
to retrieve feed: Invalid URI")

In mail-notification vfs is used the following way (I unwinded
several calls to gnome_vfs, that's not a piece of source code,
just sequence of calls to check if it is proper use of vfs):

   uri = gnome_vfs_uri_new(location);
   gnome_vfs_uri_set_user_name(uri, mailbox->username);
   gnome_vfs_uri_set_password(uri, mailbox->password);
   g_return_val_if_fail (uri != NULL, GNOME_VFS_ERROR_BAD_PARAMETERS);
   text_uri = gnome_vfs_uri_to_string(uri, GNOME_VFS_URI_HIDE_NONE);
   result = gnome_vfs_read_entire_file(text_uri, file_size, file_contents);
   g_free(text_uri);

I'm not sure whether this is a mail-notifier bug, or gnome-vfs.

Danya

PS. I use Debian's
  libgnomevfs2-0 version 2.10.1-5
  mail-notificat version 2.0.dfsg.1-1