Re: Patch which uses gconf for default SMB domain

Alexander Larsson wrote:
> Adding the <default> thing changes the default from NULL to "", doesn't
> it? If so you need to change all the other uses of the smb workgroup
> key.

True, will do.

> How does libsmb use this default workgroup setting?

When initializing the SMBCTX we fill in the |workgroup| member. This is
then used as the default workgroup for various things like looking up a
domain server (when required), or a master browser. It's also used to
fill in a default domain when authenticating.

The default normally comes from /etc/smb.conf but this allows us to
override it from gconf.

Cheers,
Nate