Re: added menu items gone after upgrade

hi

thanks for responding.

i appear to have resolved this problem for the moment.

i don't know if this is a gnome issue or the debian package itself
(???), but it would seem that the upgraded gnomevfs (?? though i am
still wondering if it was the gnomevfs upgrade that did it) wanted both
the TryExec and URL properties set for the menu item - in addition to
the Exec property which was there. i went through and set them in all
the menu items and they reappeared in my menu.

adding a new menu item does not add these two additional properties
automatically at the moment. perhaps i upgraded to a version that has a
mix of old and new.

anyway... perhaps this will help anyone with a similar problem.

(i also sent this to the gnome list - sorry, i know i shouldn't double
up - found the vfs list later)

Takis

--
Takis Diakoumis <takisd alphalink com au>