license

Hi,

I was quite suprised to learn the GVFS is licensed under the GPL. I had
expected it to be under the LGPL. Doesn't this mean that it is not possible
to write non GPL programs for GNOME now as GVFS is one of the most crucial
libraries (it's essentially GNOME's open file library)? Even if an
application doesn't link to it directly it will be linked through other GNOME
libraries I would have thought.

I mean it's not really possible to write any useful GNOME application that
doesn't open files or browse a network share so I would imagine every app
would have to link directly thus requiring the app to be GPL'd. If all GNOME
apps now have to be GPL isn't that a slight problem?

Nicholas Allen