Re: ncpfs write errors in gnome-vfs2 applications

Le lundi 31 janvier 2005 à 22:26 -0500, Jay Camp a écrit :
> I'm having some troubles, with what I believe stems from gnome-vfs, on
> NCPFS (Netware) network mounted shares.  non-gnomevfs applications can
> write just fine to a users mounted home (OpenOffice, Firefox, Inkscape,
> etc. etc.) but when an application like gedit tries to write to a file,
> they get an error message like "can not write to file."  The same
> happens with all other gnome-vfs2 based applications.

I have the same problem on an nfs-mounted directory. The problem is
that, by looking at the permissions and owner of the dir, gnome-vfs
thinks it can't write so it just stops with a "permission denied" error.

The problem is that the process has the right to write, but it's just
not obvious by looking at the perms. Perhaps gnome-vfs should try even
if the perms don't match, and return an error only in case of ENOPERM.

	Xav