Re: Can someone please comment on this short program

On Thu, 2005-12-15 at 10:25 +0100, Alexander Larsson wrote:
[snip]
> However, if you got the filename string from a normal UI element e.g. a
> GtkEntry (not a GtkFileChooser, i think that returns filename encoding)
[snip]

So, we can use the result of gtk_file_chooser_get_uri() directly as the
parameter to gnome_vfs_uri_new(), because GtkFileChooser gives us an
escaped ASCII URI?

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkFileChooser.html#gtk-file-chooser-get-uri

> its always in utf8 encoding (as are all strings in a Gtk+ ui). So, you
> must call g_filename_from_utf8 before gnome_vfs_get_uri_from_local_path.
[snip]

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com